LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Local girl scouts are getting an education in cookies to prepare for the upcoming sales season.
More than 200 scouts took part in Cookie College Sunday at Logan High School in La Crosse. The event is put on by the Badger Council and helps the girls learn the ins and outs of cookie sales. That includes sale strategies, techniques and even taste tests of their products.
The college is a great way for the scouts to learn future job skills and have fun while doing it.
"Not only are they enjoying what they're doing, they are helping a customer get that perfect flavor of cookie that they really love," said Sally Eagan, director of product sales for the girl scouts. "They also have a skill that they are really going to be able to use in any job they want to do in their future."
Sunday's event was one of several cookie colleges held around the region.24130900
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers