LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Local girl scouts are getting an education in cookies to prepare for the upcoming sales season.
More than 200 scouts took part in Cookie College Sunday at Logan High School in La Crosse. The event is put on by the Badger Council and helps the girls learn the ins and outs of cookie sales. That includes sale strategies, techniques and even taste tests of their products.
The college is a great way for the scouts to learn future job skills and have fun while doing it.
"Not only are they enjoying what they're doing, they are helping a customer get that perfect flavor of cookie that they really love," said Sally Eagan, director of product sales for the girl scouts. "They also have a skill that they are really going to be able to use in any job they want to do in their future."
Sunday's event was one of several cookie colleges held around the region.24130900
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting