JEFFERSON, Wis. (AP) - A 2-year-old who fell two stories and landed on concrete in Jefferson County is expected to survive her injuries.
Sheriff Paul Milbrath says the girl was playing in a second-story bedroom of a Town of Ixonia apartment complex Friday about 6:15 p.m.
He says her father was cooking dinner at the time. Meanwhile the girl climbed onto a small ledge that allowed her to look out the screen window and watch her siblings playing in the driveway.
She apparently pushed on the screened window, which gave way. She fell about 20 feet and landed on the concrete driveway.
The toddler was airlifted to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee. Her injuries weren't specified, but Milbrath described them as non-life-threatening.
- Trump's inauguration, weekend protests: What to know
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December