JEFFERSON, Wis. (AP) - A 2-year-old who fell two stories and landed on concrete in Jefferson County is expected to survive her injuries.
Sheriff Paul Milbrath says the girl was playing in a second-story bedroom of a Town of Ixonia apartment complex Friday about 6:15 p.m.
He says her father was cooking dinner at the time. Meanwhile the girl climbed onto a small ledge that allowed her to look out the screen window and watch her siblings playing in the driveway.
She apparently pushed on the screened window, which gave way. She fell about 20 feet and landed on the concrete driveway.
The toddler was airlifted to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee. Her injuries weren't specified, but Milbrath described them as non-life-threatening.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers