LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area kids cut down on their screen time Friday for chance to be active.
It's all thanks to 'Kids Get up and Go! day held at La Crosse's public library. The event put on by the Wisconsin Public Broadcasting Service gives kids a new activity every 30 minutes. Each activity is sponsored by a different business or organization in the community.
The goal is to give families something to do while staying active.
"It's important to remember to get active with the little one. It can be easy especially now a days to be on the iPad or the TV a lot, and this is a great way to get out and become involved in the community," said Brooke Rasche, Youth Services Librarian from library.
The event is just one of four 'Get Up and Go' days across the state.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program