LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area kids cut down on their screen time Friday for chance to be active.
It's all thanks to 'Kids Get up and Go! day held at La Crosse's public library. The event put on by the Wisconsin Public Broadcasting Service gives kids a new activity every 30 minutes. Each activity is sponsored by a different business or organization in the community.
The goal is to give families something to do while staying active.
"It's important to remember to get active with the little one. It can be easy especially now a days to be on the iPad or the TV a lot, and this is a great way to get out and become involved in the community," said Brooke Rasche, Youth Services Librarian from library.
The event is just one of four 'Get Up and Go' days across the state.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners