LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area kids cut down on their screen time Friday for chance to be active.
It's all thanks to 'Kids Get up and Go! day held at La Crosse's public library. The event put on by the Wisconsin Public Broadcasting Service gives kids a new activity every 30 minutes. Each activity is sponsored by a different business or organization in the community.
The goal is to give families something to do while staying active.
"It's important to remember to get active with the little one. It can be easy especially now a days to be on the iPad or the TV a lot, and this is a great way to get out and become involved in the community," said Brooke Rasche, Youth Services Librarian from library.
The event is just one of four 'Get Up and Go' days across the state.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse