With no end in sight to the winter, Xcel Energy is reminding customers to keep their natural gas meters clear of snow and ice.
The meter vent needs to be dry and cleared of ice at all times to avoid the potential for dangerous natural gas build-up inside your home. Snow piles can also prevent your meter from working correctly, or even stop the flow of natural gas. Ice build-up might freeze pipes and stop heat from circulating.
Experts suggest always keeping a clear path to your gas meter for quick access in case of an emergency.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY