With no end in sight to the winter, Xcel Energy is reminding customers to keep their natural gas meters clear of snow and ice.
The meter vent needs to be dry and cleared of ice at all times to avoid the potential for dangerous natural gas build-up inside your home. Snow piles can also prevent your meter from working correctly, or even stop the flow of natural gas. Ice build-up might freeze pipes and stop heat from circulating.
Experts suggest always keeping a clear path to your gas meter for quick access in case of an emergency.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse