RACINE, Wis. (AP) - Funerals are being held for three children who died in a Racine house fire.
Nine-year-old Dayja, 8-year-old Dalija and 7-year-old Michael Scott are being eulogized Friday morning at Mount Eagle Baptist Church in Racine. Deborah Scott's fourth child, 5-year-old Luther, remains hospitalized with injuries from last week's fire.
WITI-TV reports the new Golden Gate Funeral Home donated the cost of the funerals. The children's uncle, William Scott, says the support is helping the family through a difficult time.
Investigators say the fire was sparked by a candle in the bathroom of the home.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season