CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) - The funeral for Lyric Cook will be held Dec. 29 in Cedar Falls, more than three weeks after her body and the body of her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, were found in a wooded area.
The Des Moines Register reports the service will begin at 2 p.m. at Heartland Vineyard Church.
Elizabeth was 8 and Lyric was 10 when they vanished while bike riding in Evansdale on July 13. Their bodies were found Dec. 5 in a wooded area, about 25 miles from where they were last seen.
A memorial service for Elizabeth was held Dec. 13.
No arrests have been made in the death of the girls. Capt. Rick Abben of the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office says local, state and federal investigators are following leads in the case.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns