CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) - The funeral for Lyric Cook will be held Dec. 29 in Cedar Falls, more than three weeks after her body and the body of her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, were found in a wooded area.
The Des Moines Register reports the service will begin at 2 p.m. at Heartland Vineyard Church.
Elizabeth was 8 and Lyric was 10 when they vanished while bike riding in Evansdale on July 13. Their bodies were found Dec. 5 in a wooded area, about 25 miles from where they were last seen.
A memorial service for Elizabeth was held Dec. 13.
No arrests have been made in the death of the girls. Capt. Rick Abben of the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office says local, state and federal investigators are following leads in the case.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners