LA CROSSE, Wis. - University of Wisconsin-La Crosse student Neala Frye's funeral arrangements have been set for Saturday in Beloit at 4 p.m.
Frye, 23, was found dead near the Black River spillway in Onalaska on Sunday night following a day-long search for her.
Police say she was at a promotional event for her employer, Body & Sol Yoga, Massage & Tan, at the Spillway Pub on Saturday night. A preliminary alcohol screen indicated Frye had a .211 blood alcohol content. The La Crosse County medical examiner said it appears Frye died of hypothermia, secondary to intoxication.
Her obituary says the UW-La Crosse senior loved animals and was loved by many. "You didn't need to spend a lifetime with Neala to love her; you only needed a couple hours," her obituary states.
The funeral service will be at 4 p.m. on Saturday, February 23, following a visitation from 12 -4 p.m. at the Daley Murphy Wisch & Associates Funeral Home and Crematorium, 2355 Cranston Road, Beloit.
You can write on Frye's tribute wall on the funeral home's website.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks