LA CROSSE, Wis. - University of Wisconsin-La Crosse student Neala Frye's funeral arrangements have been set for Saturday in Beloit at 4 p.m.
Frye, 23, was found dead near the Black River spillway in Onalaska on Sunday night following a day-long search for her.
Police say she was at a promotional event for her employer, Body & Sol Yoga, Massage & Tan, at the Spillway Pub on Saturday night. A preliminary alcohol screen indicated Frye had a .211 blood alcohol content. The La Crosse County medical examiner said it appears Frye died of hypothermia, secondary to intoxication.
Her obituary says the UW-La Crosse senior loved animals and was loved by many. "You didn't need to spend a lifetime with Neala to love her; you only needed a couple hours," her obituary states.
The funeral service will be at 4 p.m. on Saturday, February 23, following a visitation from 12 -4 p.m. at the Daley Murphy Wisch & Associates Funeral Home and Crematorium, 2355 Cranston Road, Beloit.
You can write on Frye's tribute wall on the funeral home's website.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners