LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local business manager is hoping to hit new heights with his fundraising stunt.
As part of his effort to raise money for the Red Cross in the 'Dancing with the La Crosse Stars' event, Sign Pro manager Jim Warsinske is spending more than 24 hours 40 feet up in the air in front of the La Crosse Center. He's in a basket on a boom lift.
"I'm hoping that people will see that I'm challenging myself to face my fears and the challenges of mother nature," says Warsinske. A cold front moved in Wednesday as Warsinske was preparing to spend the night at the top of the lift. "It's been hard to tell if I've been shaking from being wet or cold... or from pure terror!"
He plans on being in front of the La Crosse Center until 3 p.m. Thursday. Drivers can drive-up and drop-off monetary donations.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.