LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you plan on heading to downtown La Crosse to shop this weekend, you may be happy to know parking will be free.
The La Crosse Police Department knows how hectic the shopping season following Thanksgiving can be, so there will be no charge for ramp parking today through Monday. The gates will remain in place over the weekend, but there will not be any charges when you leave the ramps.
Officers say the parking changes for the weekend are meant to make the holiday shopping season a little easier on everyone.
"We don't want to obviously discourage people from going to those downtown businesses, so yes, it was a collaboration just to make sure people don't have to worry about parking. One less stress," said La Crosse Police Department Community Resource Officer Brooke Pataska.
Officers do want to remind you alternate side parking will still be enforced though.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team