LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Just before the storms hit Saturday morning, families were able to hit the water for a day of fishing.
The third annual free fishing weekend allows kids and families to fish without a license for one weekend. About 200 families showed up to take part Saturday. Kids received free bait, along with lunch and prizes, at the event.
Coordinators say the event is something that both kids and their families love to take part in.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river