LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Just before the storms hit Saturday morning, families were able to hit the water for a day of fishing.
The third annual free fishing weekend allows kids and families to fish without a license for one weekend. About 200 families showed up to take part Saturday. Kids received free bait, along with lunch and prizes, at the event.
Coordinators say the event is something that both kids and their families love to take part in.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls