WINONA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge will host a free canoe trip with Ranger Ed Lagace to catch, identify and release dragonflies and damselflies (Odonata) on Saturday from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The trip will begin at the Halfmoon Boat Landing near Kellogg, Minnesota, which is located at 12067 622nd Street, just off from County Road 84.
Participants are encouraged to bring drinking water, insect repellent, and boots or shoes that can get wet from spending time in a field. Nets and other equipment will be provided.
For required pre-registration or further information, contact Ed Lagace at (507) 494-6236 or by email: Ed_Lagace@fws.gov.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse