WINONA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge will host a free canoe trip with Ranger Ed Lagace to catch, identify and release dragonflies and damselflies (Odonata) on Saturday from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The trip will begin at the Halfmoon Boat Landing near Kellogg, Minnesota, which is located at 12067 622nd Street, just off from County Road 84.
Participants are encouraged to bring drinking water, insect repellent, and boots or shoes that can get wet from spending time in a field. Nets and other equipment will be provided.
For required pre-registration or further information, contact Ed Lagace at (507) 494-6236 or by email: Ed_Lagace@fws.gov.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016