LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community members can make sure their child's car seat is properly installed at a free event held on May 22 at the La Crosse Fire Department, 1710 Losey Blvd. from 4-7 p.m.
Four out of five safety seats are not properly installed, according to Gundersen Health System.
Children must be present so a specially trained safety technician can properly fit them into their car seats.
Safety technicians will also be able to give information about when to transition children to booster seats and how booster seats are used to make seat belts fit kids properly.
Walk-ins are welcome at the May 22 event. You can schedule an appointment by calling Gundersen's Health System's Trauma injury prevention coordinator at (607) 775-2011.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years