LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community members can make sure their child's car seat is properly installed at a free event held on May 22 at the La Crosse Fire Department, 1710 Losey Blvd. from 4-7 p.m.
Four out of five safety seats are not properly installed, according to Gundersen Health System.
Children must be present so a specially trained safety technician can properly fit them into their car seats.
Safety technicians will also be able to give information about when to transition children to booster seats and how booster seats are used to make seat belts fit kids properly.
Walk-ins are welcome at the May 22 event. You can schedule an appointment by calling Gundersen's Health System's Trauma injury prevention coordinator at (607) 775-2011.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting