LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community members can make sure their child's car seat is properly installed at a free event held on May 22 at the La Crosse Fire Department, 1710 Losey Blvd. from 4-7 p.m.
Four out of five safety seats are not properly installed, according to Gundersen Health System.
Children must be present so a specially trained safety technician can properly fit them into their car seats.
Safety technicians will also be able to give information about when to transition children to booster seats and how booster seats are used to make seat belts fit kids properly.
Walk-ins are welcome at the May 22 event. You can schedule an appointment by calling Gundersen's Health System's Trauma injury prevention coordinator at (607) 775-2011.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture