LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A special showing of the award-winning movie "Fort McCoy," will debut at Marcus Theatre's Ho-Chunk Cinema in Tomah and Cinema Theatre in La Crosse on Friday, September 5.
"Fort McCoy" is a drama written, co-produced, and co-directed by the star of the film, Kate Connor. In the movie, Connor plays the role of her real-life grandmother Ruby Stirn, whose family deals with the experiences and trials living next to the Nazi POW camp in Wisconsin in 1944.
"We are excited to have this movie released in Wisconsin so close to the Fort McCoy Installation. There is a rich history at the base and many people in the surrounding area feel a connection to it and are eager to see the movie," Fort McCoy Public Affairs Officer Linda Fournier said in a statement.
On September 3, there will be a special premiere showing of the movie at the Ho-Chunk Cinema intended primarily for the military family at Fort McCoy.
"This is Marcus Theatres' way of recognizing the connection between the movie and the base in a special way," said president and chief executive officer for Marcus Theatres, Rolando Rodriguez in a statement.
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government