LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A special showing of the award-winning movie "Fort McCoy," will debut at Marcus Theatre's Ho-Chunk Cinema in Tomah and Cinema Theatre in La Crosse on Friday, September 5.
"Fort McCoy" is a drama written, co-produced, and co-directed by the star of the film, Kate Connor. In the movie, Connor plays the role of her real-life grandmother Ruby Stirn, whose family deals with the experiences and trials living next to the Nazi POW camp in Wisconsin in 1944.
"We are excited to have this movie released in Wisconsin so close to the Fort McCoy Installation. There is a rich history at the base and many people in the surrounding area feel a connection to it and are eager to see the movie," Fort McCoy Public Affairs Officer Linda Fournier said in a statement.
On September 3, there will be a special premiere showing of the movie at the Ho-Chunk Cinema intended primarily for the military family at Fort McCoy.
"This is Marcus Theatres' way of recognizing the connection between the movie and the base in a special way," said president and chief executive officer for Marcus Theatres, Rolando Rodriguez in a statement.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death