RACINE, WI (AP) - Former Racine Mayor Gary Becker has been arrested for an alleged probation violation.
Becker was released from prison Feb. 26 after serving a three-year sentence for second-degree sexual assault of a child and child enticement. Becker also completed sex offender treatment.
The Journal Times reports that jail records indicate the 56-year-old was booked into the Racine County Jail Friday for "treatment violations." He was still there Saturday.
Wisconsin Department of Corrections spokeswoman Joy Staab said she was limited in what she could say due to privacy laws surrounding medical treatment.
Becker was mayor from April 2003 until January 2009, when police say they caught him in an online sex sting with an undercover agent. He thought he was going to a Milwaukee area mall to meet a 14-year-old girl.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners