RACINE, WI (AP) - Former Racine Mayor Gary Becker has been arrested for an alleged probation violation.
Becker was released from prison Feb. 26 after serving a three-year sentence for second-degree sexual assault of a child and child enticement. Becker also completed sex offender treatment.
The Journal Times reports that jail records indicate the 56-year-old was booked into the Racine County Jail Friday for "treatment violations." He was still there Saturday.
Wisconsin Department of Corrections spokeswoman Joy Staab said she was limited in what she could say due to privacy laws surrounding medical treatment.
Becker was mayor from April 2003 until January 2009, when police say they caught him in an online sex sting with an undercover agent. He thought he was going to a Milwaukee area mall to meet a 14-year-old girl.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska