THORP, Wis. (AP) - A former track coach has pleaded no contest in Clark County to sexually assaulting a teenage member of his team.
Forty-four-year-old Scott Bergman reached a plea agreement with prosecutors and will avoid a jury trial. The former Thorp coach pleaded no contest to sexual assault of a student by school staff and bail jumping. Four other felony charges were dismissed, but will be read-in when Bergman is sentenced.
A criminal complaint says Thorp school officials contacted police after learning about a possible sexual relationship between Bergman and the 17-year-old girl last year.
WSAW-TV reports a search warrant of Bergman's phone turned up nude photos of the girl and intimate text messages. A sentencing hearing is set for Sept. 17.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US