TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - Former Tomah mayoral candidate LeRoy Kelsey wrote a letter of apology to City of Tomah residents.
In a hand-written letter submitted to the Monroe County District Attorney's Occie on Thursday, Kelsey said:
"To the City of Tomah Residents:
In reference to my time on the city council and my attempt to be mayor of Tomah, I never meant to mislead or defraud any citizen of this city.
It was my responsibility to know my past and my possible police record and to be aware of my eligibility to run for public office. I failed in this effort and I truly apologize.
I am sorry for abusing the trust shown in me by the people of Tomah. I am proud to call Tomah my home and I will continue to support the city and organizations in any way I can.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration