FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - Former Green Bay Packers linebacker George Koonce has accepted a job at Marian University in Fond du Lac.
Koonce will be the university's vice president of advancement beginning April 21. The university says Koonce will be responsible for "growing awareness and increasing philanthropic support" through the community and alumni.
Koonce was most recently director of development for Marquette University's Urban Scholars Program in Milwaukee. He also served as director of athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, senior associate athletics director at Marquette University and director of player development for the Green Bay Packers. He earned his doctor of philosophy degree from Marquette.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest