FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - Former Green Bay Packers linebacker George Koonce has accepted a job at Marian University in Fond du Lac.
Koonce will be the university's vice president of advancement beginning April 21. The university says Koonce will be responsible for "growing awareness and increasing philanthropic support" through the community and alumni.
Koonce was most recently director of development for Marquette University's Urban Scholars Program in Milwaukee. He also served as director of athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, senior associate athletics director at Marquette University and director of player development for the Green Bay Packers. He earned his doctor of philosophy degree from Marquette.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands