BROWNSVILLE, Minn. (WKBT) - Just across the river was a day of celebration. It's Brownsville Days, hosted by the Lions Club.
There was music, fireworks and a parade.
In attendance was former Minnesota Vikings player Matt Blair. That may have you wondering, what is a former pro-bowler doing in Brownsville?
Tricia Long of Brownsville got in contact with Blair to help celebrate her mother's birthday earlier this year. After Blair helped, Long wrote Blair wondering about another favor.
"So I just emailed him and said, Matt would you be interested in coming down for our little community?" said Long, "I said this is the biggest fundraiser for the Brownsville lions and our community."
"It's a part of life that you go through and I know when I was young, growing up, a lot of people helped me get to where I'm at and without them I wouldn't be here, so I just try to give back and help as much as I can," said Blair.
All proceeds from Brownsville days go to the Brownsville Lions Club.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners