BROWNSVILLE, Minn. (WKBT) - Just across the river was a day of celebration. It's Brownsville Days, hosted by the Lions Club.
There was music, fireworks and a parade.
In attendance was former Minnesota Vikings player Matt Blair. That may have you wondering, what is a former pro-bowler doing in Brownsville?
Tricia Long of Brownsville got in contact with Blair to help celebrate her mother's birthday earlier this year. After Blair helped, Long wrote Blair wondering about another favor.
"So I just emailed him and said, Matt would you be interested in coming down for our little community?" said Long, "I said this is the biggest fundraiser for the Brownsville lions and our community."
"It's a part of life that you go through and I know when I was young, growing up, a lot of people helped me get to where I'm at and without them I wouldn't be here, so I just try to give back and help as much as I can," said Blair.
All proceeds from Brownsville days go to the Brownsville Lions Club.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US