DAKOTA CITY, Iowa (AP) - A former jail employee in north Iowa has been accused of stealing money from an inmate.
The Sioux City Journal reports 44-year-old Mason Billings of Akron, Iowa, has been charged with one count of theft by unlawful taking
Court documents say Billings took $400 in September from an inmate booked at Dakota County Jail. Billings was a jail employee at the time and the money had been turned over to jail personnel.
Billings was arrested Friday and is now being held at the same county jail. His next court appearance is scheduled Tuesday.
Court records do not list an attorney for Billings.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks