DAKOTA CITY, Iowa (AP) - A former jail employee in north Iowa has been accused of stealing money from an inmate.
The Sioux City Journal reports 44-year-old Mason Billings of Akron, Iowa, has been charged with one count of theft by unlawful taking
Court documents say Billings took $400 in September from an inmate booked at Dakota County Jail. Billings was a jail employee at the time and the money had been turned over to jail personnel.
Billings was arrested Friday and is now being held at the same county jail. His next court appearance is scheduled Tuesday.
Court records do not list an attorney for Billings.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice