IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - A former nurse at an Iowa City hospital has been given two years of probation in his prescription drugs case.
The Gazette reports that Adam Moander, of North Liberty, had pleaded guilty to prohibited acts with a controlled substance. Records say prosecutors dismissed several other counts in exchange for Moander's plea.
He also must pay a $1,000 fine.
Prosecutors say the 30-year-old had removed painkillers from a dispensing machine under the names of 12 patients who had been admitted to Mercy Iowa City for surgery in July and August 2009. Prosecutors say Moander wasn't the patients' nurse and there was no documentation the drugs ever got to the patients.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion