FARIBAULT, Minn. (AP) - A former teacher at a Faribault prep school says he's innocent of charges that accuse him of sexually abusing six male students.
Seventy-one-year-old Lynn Seibel says he misses teaching at Shattuck-St. Mary's boarding school where he worked for more than a decade and was once named teacher of the year.
In a jailhouse interview with Minnesota Public Radio News, Seibel says he prays he will be acquitted and can return to acting in California.
Police arrested Seibel in October after a former Shattuck-St. Mary's student told a probation officer that he was sexually assaulted by the drama teacher. Seibel faces 17 felony counts in Rice County, including second-degree criminal sexual conduct.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse