FARIBAULT, Minn. (AP) - A former teacher at a Faribault prep school says he's innocent of charges that accuse him of sexually abusing six male students.
Seventy-one-year-old Lynn Seibel says he misses teaching at Shattuck-St. Mary's boarding school where he worked for more than a decade and was once named teacher of the year.
In a jailhouse interview with Minnesota Public Radio News, Seibel says he prays he will be acquitted and can return to acting in California.
Police arrested Seibel in October after a former Shattuck-St. Mary's student told a probation officer that he was sexually assaulted by the drama teacher. Seibel faces 17 felony counts in Rice County, including second-degree criminal sexual conduct.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers