DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A former club treasurer has been accused of stealing about $27,000 from a club in an eastern Iowa town.
A news release from the Scott County Sheriff's Office says Kris Oetzmann, 38, surrendered last week and already has left custody awaiting trial. Court records say his arraignment on a felony theft charge is scheduled for Dec. 20.
The sheriff's office says Oetzmann, of Donahue, is accused of stealing money from the Donahue Sportsmen's Club, which he served as treasurer from Jan. 31 through Sept. 18.
A public phone listing for Oetzmann couldn't be found. His attorney, Alicia Gieck, declined to comment on Monday.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore