DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A former club treasurer has been accused of stealing about $27,000 from a club in an eastern Iowa town.
A news release from the Scott County Sheriff's Office says Kris Oetzmann, 38, surrendered last week and already has left custody awaiting trial. Court records say his arraignment on a felony theft charge is scheduled for Dec. 20.
The sheriff's office says Oetzmann, of Donahue, is accused of stealing money from the Donahue Sportsmen's Club, which he served as treasurer from Jan. 31 through Sept. 18.
A public phone listing for Oetzmann couldn't be found. His attorney, Alicia Gieck, declined to comment on Monday.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case