VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Flames struck a man in the face after his truck caught fire while driving in the Town of Viroqua, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Joseph B. Menne, 77, was driving eastbound on N. Ashbury Road Saturday evening when he heard a loud bang and saw flames burst through the floorboard and dashboard, the Sheriff's Office said.
When Viroqua firefighters arrived on scene, the truck was fully engulfed in flames. The Sherriff's Office said the flames hit Menne in the face and burned some of his hair, but Menne said he wasn't further injured and refused medical treatment.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US