VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Flames struck a man in the face after his truck caught fire while driving in the Town of Viroqua, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Joseph B. Menne, 77, was driving eastbound on N. Ashbury Road Saturday evening when he heard a loud bang and saw flames burst through the floorboard and dashboard, the Sheriff's Office said.
When Viroqua firefighters arrived on scene, the truck was fully engulfed in flames. The Sherriff's Office said the flames hit Menne in the face and burned some of his hair, but Menne said he wasn't further injured and refused medical treatment.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Reynolds supports program cuts to defund Planned Parenthood
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts