MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald led all 132 state lawmakers in claims for daily expense reimbursements in 2012.
Newly released expense claim records for the year show Fitzgerald received $14,608 in the claims known as per diems. The second highest was Republican Assembly Majority Leader Scott Suder who received $13,112.
They are among 10 lawmakers who got $10,000 or more in per diems last year.
The claims cover food and lodging expenses while lawmakers are in Madison doing state business. Those who live in Dane County can get $44 a day while the rest receive $88 a day while in Madison above their annual salaries.
Assembly Speaker Robin Vos collected $9,856. He floated the idea of increasing per diems this year, but then dropped it.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks