FITCHBURG, Wis. - Fitchburg police said two women are dead and a suspect taken to a hospital in a Friday afternoon homicide investigation.
A source familiar with the investigation confirms the investigation in Fitchburg is happening at the home of Andy Steele, a former Dane County deputy recently diagnosed with ALS. It's unclear how Steele may have been involved in the incident.
Fitchburg police would not confirm or deny that the incident incident involved Steele. The investigation involves a home at 3038 Yarmouth Greenway Drive, police said.
A woman was taken to a hospital and later died, and another woman was found dead inside the home, police said. The male suspect was taken to a hospital with injuries. Police said the suspect gave initial resistance to police.
Fitchburg police said the victims have not yet been identified.
Police were asking residents to avoid the 3000 block of Yarmouth Greenway Drive and Bantry Lane in Fitchburg after they were called to the home at 12:15 p.m. An all-clear was given at 3:22 p.m.
"All involved parties have been located and there is no remaining threat to the community," the statement read.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office was also at the scene.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser