FITCHBURG, Wis. - Fitchburg police said two women are dead and a suspect taken to a hospital in a Friday afternoon homicide investigation.
A source familiar with the investigation confirms the investigation in Fitchburg is happening at the home of Andy Steele, a former Dane County deputy recently diagnosed with ALS. It's unclear how Steele may have been involved in the incident.
Fitchburg police would not confirm or deny that the incident incident involved Steele. The investigation involves a home at 3038 Yarmouth Greenway Drive, police said.
A woman was taken to a hospital and later died, and another woman was found dead inside the home, police said. The male suspect was taken to a hospital with injuries. Police said the suspect gave initial resistance to police.
Fitchburg police said the victims have not yet been identified.
Police were asking residents to avoid the 3000 block of Yarmouth Greenway Drive and Bantry Lane in Fitchburg after they were called to the home at 12:15 p.m. An all-clear was given at 3:22 p.m.
"All involved parties have been located and there is no remaining threat to the community," the statement read.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office was also at the scene.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building