LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse Mayoral Candidate Tim Kabat picked up a pair of endorsements Friday evening.
La Crosse Firefighters Local 127 and the Western Wisconsin AFL-CIO are supporting the candidate.
Kabat was a part of the announcement Friday night at the Eagle's Nest. He says he values both endorsements, because he comes from a union family, and this shows he is prioritizing public safety.19437262
Kyle DeMuz, the secretary and treasurer with the Firefighters Local 127, says they are choosing Kabat because of his value to keep our community safe.
"I think his experience inside the city and he sees what value the downtown has and the entire city as a whole," says DeMuz, "I think he realizes that public safety is a big part of that value to the city."
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river