LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse Mayoral Candidate Tim Kabat picked up a pair of endorsements Friday evening.
La Crosse Firefighters Local 127 and the Western Wisconsin AFL-CIO are supporting the candidate.
Kabat was a part of the announcement Friday night at the Eagle's Nest. He says he values both endorsements, because he comes from a union family, and this shows he is prioritizing public safety.19437262
Kyle DeMuz, the secretary and treasurer with the Firefighters Local 127, says they are choosing Kabat because of his value to keep our community safe.
"I think his experience inside the city and he sees what value the downtown has and the entire city as a whole," says DeMuz, "I think he realizes that public safety is a big part of that value to the city."
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Teacher pleads not guilty to failure to report sex abuse
- Authorities ID man whose body was found in Des Moines River
- Minnesota man accused of trying to kidnap woman
- Local students compete in dairy cook off