MENOMONIE, Wis. (AP) - An explosion and fire that destroyed a historic church in Dunn County has been traced to a gas tank.
Fire investigators say there's nothing suspicious or criminal about the LP gas explosion that left the 99-year-old church near Colfax a charred pile of rubble.
A passer-by called the Dunn County Sheriff's Department Saturday about 9 p.m. to report the fire at St. John's Lutheran Church.
The Chippewa Herald says the 60-member congregation is worshipping at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in nearby Ridgeland.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016