Fire reported at Winona recycling facility - Reports of an explosion sent Winona firefighters to a recycling facility Friday morning.
Crews were called to Matejka Recycling at 818 West 3rd Street in Winona at about 9 a.m.
The company compresses and recycles old cars. Winona Assistant Fire Chief Jason Theusch said they aren't sure what caused the fire, but one of the recycling workers said they smelled gasoline.
It took crews 1 1/2 hours to put out the fire spraying water from above. They contained the fire to a trailer. No injuries were reported.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?