MARINETTE, WI (AP) - An 8-year old boy is dead after a fire at a trailer home in Menominee County.
Sheriff Kenny Marks tells the Marinette Eagle Herald that the fire happened in Harris Township early Friday.
A family of four was sleeping inside at the time, and authorities arrived to find the home engulfed in flames.
The mother, father and an 8-year-old girl escaped, but Nelson Charles Williams was trapped inside.
Firefighters pulled him out of the blaze and performed CPR, but he did not survive.
The medical examiner says the preliminary investigation shows the boy died of smoke inhalation.
His family members were treated for minor injuries. A sheriff's deputy was also treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial