MARINETTE, WI (AP) - An 8-year old boy is dead after a fire at a trailer home in Menominee County.
Sheriff Kenny Marks tells the Marinette Eagle Herald that the fire happened in Harris Township early Friday.
A family of four was sleeping inside at the time, and authorities arrived to find the home engulfed in flames.
The mother, father and an 8-year-old girl escaped, but Nelson Charles Williams was trapped inside.
Firefighters pulled him out of the blaze and performed CPR, but he did not survive.
The medical examiner says the preliminary investigation shows the boy died of smoke inhalation.
His family members were treated for minor injuries. A sheriff's deputy was also treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US