ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A lightning strike caused a roof fire at the Onalaska Walmart late Saturday morning, according to Onalaska Fire Chief Don Dominick.
The lightning strike hit a tile roof and sparked a fire, which caused the building to be evacuated, Chief Dominick said. No one was injured.
Walmart was closed for a few hours while crews put out the fire.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls