ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A lightning strike caused a roof fire at the Onalaska Walmart late Saturday morning, according to Onalaska Fire Chief Don Dominick.
The lightning strike hit a tile roof and sparked a fire, which caused the building to be evacuated, Chief Dominick said. No one was injured.
Walmart was closed for a few hours while crews put out the fire.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser