MANKATO, MN (AP) - A fire has caused heavy damage at a YMCA indoor skate park in the southern Minnesota city of Mankato.
The fire at the Chesley Roller Sport Park was reported shortly after 9:30 a.m. Saturday. The Free Press reports the structure was fully engulfed by the time firefighters arrived at the park, which is just down the block from a fire station.
Nobody was inside the skate park at the time. It's owned by the Mankato Family YMCA, which had been remodeling the park and had mostly completed the work.
Mankato Family YMCA CEO John Kind was on the scene. He says his heart sank when he saw the fire, and he says he'll convene an executive board meeting.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin