MANKATO, MN (AP) - A fire has caused heavy damage at a YMCA indoor skate park in the southern Minnesota city of Mankato.
The fire at the Chesley Roller Sport Park was reported shortly after 9:30 a.m. Saturday. The Free Press reports the structure was fully engulfed by the time firefighters arrived at the park, which is just down the block from a fire station.
Nobody was inside the skate park at the time. It's owned by the Mankato Family YMCA, which had been remodeling the park and had mostly completed the work.
Mankato Family YMCA CEO John Kind was on the scene. He says his heart sank when he saw the fire, and he says he'll convene an executive board meeting.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse