ROBERTS, Wis. (AP) - A fire has canceled classes at an elementary school in St. Croix County, possibly for the remainder of the school year.
St. Croix Central School District Superintendent David Bradley says fire officials told him it was unlikely classes could be held in the building for the remaining 26 days of the school year. Bradley tells KMSP-TV administrators are looking for alternative sites around the community of Roberts to hold classes.
Firefighters were dispatched to the elementary school about 4 a.m. Tuesday.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture