ROBERTS, Wis. (AP) - A fire has canceled classes at an elementary school in St. Croix County, possibly for the remainder of the school year.
St. Croix Central School District Superintendent David Bradley says fire officials told him it was unlikely classes could be held in the building for the remaining 26 days of the school year. Bradley tells KMSP-TV administrators are looking for alternative sites around the community of Roberts to hold classes.
Firefighters were dispatched to the elementary school about 4 a.m. Tuesday.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building