LA GRANGE, WI (AP) - Authorities are investigating a fire that went to four alarms at a large southeastern Wisconsin egg farm.
The fire was reported at the S&R Egg Farm in La Grange in Walworth County around 7:45 p.m. Friday. According to the company's website, it's a third-generation, family-owned business founded in 1958. The company says it produces up to 2 million of Wisconsin's eggs and distributes them across the country.
WISN-TV reports an estimated 300,000 chickens were housed in the barn that burned. Firefighters say firewalls helped protect other buildings.
A damage estimate was not immediately available. Farm officials said they were preparing a statement Saturday.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands