GREEN BAY, Wis. (WKBT) - The 6th annual Festival Foods Turkey Trot raised $301,000 between Boys & Girls Clubs and YMCAs in each community where the event was held.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse and the La Crosse Area YMCA each received $21,500. The check presentation was held at Lambeau Field.
On Thanksgiving morning, 38,541 people participated in the 2-mile walk or 5-mile run in La Crosse, Eau Claire, Fox Cities, Green Bay, La Crosse, Manitowoc, Marshfield, and Oshkosh.
"Each year it amazes me how much this event continues to grow and the positive impact it has in the community," said Festival Foods President Mark Skogen. "This event would not have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors, volunteers, and charity partners. We are especially thankful to all of the individuals and families who joined us on Thanksgiving morning to make this event a huge success."
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure