GREEN BAY, Wis. (WKBT) - The 6th annual Festival Foods Turkey Trot raised $301,000 between Boys & Girls Clubs and YMCAs in each community where the event was held.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse and the La Crosse Area YMCA each received $21,500. The check presentation was held at Lambeau Field.
On Thanksgiving morning, 38,541 people participated in the 2-mile walk or 5-mile run in La Crosse, Eau Claire, Fox Cities, Green Bay, La Crosse, Manitowoc, Marshfield, and Oshkosh.
"Each year it amazes me how much this event continues to grow and the positive impact it has in the community," said Festival Foods President Mark Skogen. "This event would not have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors, volunteers, and charity partners. We are especially thankful to all of the individuals and families who joined us on Thanksgiving morning to make this event a huge success."
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.