ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Coulee Region offered another alochol-free event Saturday evening to help celebrate the Fourth of July early.
The Festival Foods Salute to the Fourth event had to cancel its fireworks Saturday due to the rainy weather, but participants still got to take part in an evening of food, fun and entertainment at the Onalaska High School. The free event has been going strong for more than 20 years now... and helps families get in the patriotic spirit a week early.
"It's pretty awesome," Festival Foods spokeswoman Kelly Poppele said. "There's a lot of events that go on in this community, but it's great to have a free event where it's alcohol-free, there's no button you need to get in, so it's great to give back to the community and provide a great fireworks show."
The fireworks show has been rescheduled to take place Sunday night at dusk at the Onalaska High School Soccer Fields.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked