ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Coulee Region offered another alochol-free event Saturday evening to help celebrate the Fourth of July early.
The Festival Foods Salute to the Fourth event had to cancel its fireworks Saturday due to the rainy weather, but participants still got to take part in an evening of food, fun and entertainment at the Onalaska High School. The free event has been going strong for more than 20 years now... and helps families get in the patriotic spirit a week early.
"It's pretty awesome," Festival Foods spokeswoman Kelly Poppele said. "There's a lot of events that go on in this community, but it's great to have a free event where it's alcohol-free, there's no button you need to get in, so it's great to give back to the community and provide a great fireworks show."
The fireworks show has been rescheduled to take place Sunday night at dusk at the Onalaska High School Soccer Fields.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure