JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) - Authorities who were searching for a missing 18-year-old from Fitchburg say female bone fragments have been discovered in a burn pit in Rock County.
The bone fragments were found as authorities were investigating the disappearance of Aprina Paul. She was last seen on Oct. 27.
Information from Fitchburg police led officials to the home in Rock County. A 29-year-old man who was at the residence has been interviewed and was being held on a probation violation.
Rock County Sheriff Robert Spoden says in a statement Sunday that several items of evidence were found at the residence, including the bone fragments. They were tested and confirmed to belong to a female, but more testing must be done to determine the person's identity.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants