MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Former U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold has voted early for Tom Barrett in the June 5th recall election and he is urging other Democrats to do the same.
Feingold voted Tuesday, two weeks before the election, in Middleton.
He urged about two dozen Democrats who showed up at a rally to tell their friends to vote early as well. He says Democrats need to have a strong finish in the recall seeking to oust Gov. Scott Walker from office and they will finish strong.
Feingold says recent polls that show Barrett narrowly trailing Walker underestimate the power of the turnout that Democrats will have on June 5. He predicts a "torrent of enthusiasm" in coming days.
In-person absentee voting began Monday and runs through June 1.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure