MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Former U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold has voted early for Tom Barrett in the June 5th recall election and he is urging other Democrats to do the same.
Feingold voted Tuesday, two weeks before the election, in Middleton.
He urged about two dozen Democrats who showed up at a rally to tell their friends to vote early as well. He says Democrats need to have a strong finish in the recall seeking to oust Gov. Scott Walker from office and they will finish strong.
Feingold says recent polls that show Barrett narrowly trailing Walker underestimate the power of the turnout that Democrats will have on June 5. He predicts a "torrent of enthusiasm" in coming days.
In-person absentee voting began Monday and runs through June 1.
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion