LA CROSSE, WI - A fee agreement has been reached for Aquinas and Central High School students to play at Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse campus.
The schools agreed to separate 10-year agreements with the university, which will make Roger Harring Stadium their home turf for varsity football programs.
The Aquinas agreement also includes terms for the high school to be able to use the stadium for track and field.
The agreement reduces the high schools' rental fees for use of the stadium by 32-percent to $1,500 per game, starting with the 2013 season. Central High School's Activities Director Joe Beran said the agreement is saving them $750 per game.
UW-L will fund the difference between the rental fees collected from the high schools and the expenses to host their games. The difference is estimated to be between $7,000 and $10,000 each year.
"The complex provides an outstanding venue for both athletes and spectators alike," said Troy Harcey, the School District of La Crosse's Associate Superintendent of Instruction.
"We are excited to continue playing our home football games on the UW-L campus," said Ted Knutson, Aquinas High School principal and activities director. "There is no finer facility than Roger Harring Stadium in the region, and it provides a first-class experience for our players, coaches, and fans. We appreciate Chancellor Gow's leadership and our continued partnership with the university."22144704
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks