LA CROSSE, WI - A fee agreement has been reached for Aquinas and Central High School students to play at Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse campus.
The schools agreed to separate 10-year agreements with the university, which will make Roger Harring Stadium their home turf for varsity football programs.
The Aquinas agreement also includes terms for the high school to be able to use the stadium for track and field.
The agreement reduces the high schools' rental fees for use of the stadium by 32-percent to $1,500 per game, starting with the 2013 season. Central High School's Activities Director Joe Beran said the agreement is saving them $750 per game.
UW-L will fund the difference between the rental fees collected from the high schools and the expenses to host their games. The difference is estimated to be between $7,000 and $10,000 each year.
"The complex provides an outstanding venue for both athletes and spectators alike," said Troy Harcey, the School District of La Crosse's Associate Superintendent of Instruction.
"We are excited to continue playing our home football games on the UW-L campus," said Ted Knutson, Aquinas High School principal and activities director. "There is no finer facility than Roger Harring Stadium in the region, and it provides a first-class experience for our players, coaches, and fans. We appreciate Chancellor Gow's leadership and our continued partnership with the university."22144704
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser