WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Insurance holding company FBL Financial Group says one of its executives has died unexpectedly.
FBL Financial, based in West Des Moines, says Russell Wiltgen, the chief actuary for its life insurance companies, died in Arizona while on a company trip.
Spokeswoman Nancy Doll says the cause of death remains unclear. She says Wiltgen collapsed Wednesday while on the trip to attend company meetings.
Wiltgen, who was 53, is survived by his wife, Annette.
He joined FBL as chief actuary in 2010 and was responsible for actuarial matters and enterprise risk management. His experience spanned 30 years.
Prior to joining FBL, he worked for Lincoln, Neb.-based insurer UNIFI Companies and for the Mutual of Omaha Companies for 17 years
FBL Financial Group's primary operating subsidiary is Farm Bureau Life Insurance Co
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance