WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Insurance holding company FBL Financial Group says one of its executives has died unexpectedly.
FBL Financial, based in West Des Moines, says Russell Wiltgen, the chief actuary for its life insurance companies, died in Arizona while on a company trip.
Spokeswoman Nancy Doll says the cause of death remains unclear. She says Wiltgen collapsed Wednesday while on the trip to attend company meetings.
Wiltgen, who was 53, is survived by his wife, Annette.
He joined FBL as chief actuary in 2010 and was responsible for actuarial matters and enterprise risk management. His experience spanned 30 years.
Prior to joining FBL, he worked for Lincoln, Neb.-based insurer UNIFI Companies and for the Mutual of Omaha Companies for 17 years
FBL Financial Group's primary operating subsidiary is Farm Bureau Life Insurance Co
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser