HILLSBORO, Wis. -- The FBI is joining in the hunt for two inmates who walked away from the Black River Correctional Center last week.
James Newman and James Misleveck remain at large after escaping from the minimum security facility.
Sources tell News 8 the FBI is questioning people who may have knowledge of their whereabouts.
The Vernon County Sheriff says there is no sign of Newman or Misleveck, but they will maintain a police presence in the Hillsboro area.
Late last week officials searched that area for the inmates after a call from a tipster.
The Hillsboro Police Department received a call from a person who said they personally know James Misleveck.
The tipster said they were confident they saw Misleveck in the passenger seat of a blue Toyota hatchback going through Hillsboro heading towards the Union Center area.
About a dozen law enforcement officials from the surrounding area searched the streets and back alleyways of Hillsboro.
The manhunt in Hillsboro failed to turn up the escaped inmates.15657222
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership