APPLETON, Wis. (AP) - A Fox Valley father is accused of hitting his two-year-old son, tying him up and placing him in a dog cage.
Michael Kitzman, 34, of Little Chute, faces felony charges of child abuse. Officer Scott Vanschyndel says Kitzman admitted losing his temper and striking the toddler. He says the abuse left bruises on the boy.
The officer says Kitzman then tied the toddler's legs and arms with clothing and left him for about 45 minutes, then untied him and put him in a dog kennel and placed it in a dark room.
WLUK-TV reports a criminal complaint says Kitzman admitted to the abuse and says he "just lost it."
Kitzman's bond is set at $10,000 cash.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.