APPLETON, Wis. (AP) - A Fox Valley father is accused of hitting his two-year-old son, tying him up and placing him in a dog cage.
Michael Kitzman, 34, of Little Chute, faces felony charges of child abuse. Officer Scott Vanschyndel says Kitzman admitted losing his temper and striking the toddler. He says the abuse left bruises on the boy.
The officer says Kitzman then tied the toddler's legs and arms with clothing and left him for about 45 minutes, then untied him and put him in a dog kennel and placed it in a dark room.
WLUK-TV reports a criminal complaint says Kitzman admitted to the abuse and says he "just lost it."
Kitzman's bond is set at $10,000 cash.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game