WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - A 23-year-old Winona man died after being struck by a southbound train early Wednesday morning in the City of Winona.
Winona police said a SP rail personnel observed a man standing near the tracks at about 3 a.m. in the area of 5th and Jackson Streets. Train personnel told police as the train approached the individual stepped into the middle of the tracks and sat with his back toward the train.
Police said there are no indications of foul play. The name of the man is being withheld pending notification of the family.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race