WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - A 23-year-old Winona man died after being struck by a southbound train early Wednesday morning in the City of Winona.
Winona police said a SP rail personnel observed a man standing near the tracks at about 3 a.m. in the area of 5th and Jackson Streets. Train personnel told police as the train approached the individual stepped into the middle of the tracks and sat with his back toward the train.
Police said there are no indications of foul play. The name of the man is being withheld pending notification of the family.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Bridge in Buffalo County collapses, causes car crash
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants