WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - A 23-year-old Winona man died after being struck by a southbound train early Wednesday morning in the City of Winona.
Winona police said a SP rail personnel observed a man standing near the tracks at about 3 a.m. in the area of 5th and Jackson Streets. Train personnel told police as the train approached the individual stepped into the middle of the tracks and sat with his back toward the train.
Police said there are no indications of foul play. The name of the man is being withheld pending notification of the family.
- Washout impacting Highway 82 bridge traffic
- Area veterans visit cemeteries, honor fallen heroes
- Riverside Memorial Day ceremony honors sea-based service members
- Service members honored at La Crosse's Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse celebrates Memorial Day with annual parade
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Milwaukee man accused of killing wife, injuring their son
- Authorities: Girl hurt in 60-foot fall at Iowa state park
- C-FC senior has second chance at state gold