NASHOTAH, Wis. (AP) - The family of an 8-year-old boy who died a year ago on a field trip in Oconomowoc has sued Wisconsin Taekwondo and Fitness Academy.
Shane Needles of Nashotah died last July while he was on a field trip. He went into the river at Riverside Park and never resurfaced.
The lawsuit filed July 9 alleges Shane died because of a lack of supervision. WISN-TV reports the lawsuit says there were not enough adults to watch all of the children.
Taekwondo Academy told WISN: "We're horribly sorry that this even happened, and we wish the family well."
Family, friends and classmates held a vigil for Shane Friday night, and released Chinese lanterns into the sky.
Shane was a student at Lake Country School.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse