DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The family of world's oldest person Dina Manfredini says the woman from Johnston, Iowa, has died at age 115.
Manfredini's granddaughter Lori Logli says she died early Monday. She had lived at a care center in Johnston, just north of Des Moines.
Guinness World Records had confirmed Manfredini inherited the title of world's oldest living person less than two weeks ago.
Guinness spokesman Robert Young says a Japanese man, Jiroemon Kimura, now holds the title. He is just 15 days younger than Manfredini.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse