DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The family of world's oldest person Dina Manfredini says the woman from Johnston, Iowa, has died at age 115.
Manfredini's granddaughter Lori Logli says she died early Monday. She had lived at a care center in Johnston, just north of Des Moines.
Guinness World Records had confirmed Manfredini inherited the title of world's oldest living person less than two weeks ago.
Guinness spokesman Robert Young says a Japanese man, Jiroemon Kimura, now holds the title. He is just 15 days younger than Manfredini.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse