LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - April is Child Abuse Prevention Month, and what better way to support the cause than a family event?
The Child Abuse Prevention Taskforce hosted its annual Family Fun Run at Riverside Park Saturday. Along with the mile-long walk, kids participated in face painting, dance performances and music therapy.
The theme of the event, "Great Kids Start with you," encourages parents to get their families out for a day of fun while making some memories.
"No matter how you can get involved, even if you don't have a child in your life, borrow someone's, and just have fun with them and be a mentor, and just get involved in our community because there are certainly a lot of kids that need our help," said Nicole Milliren, co-chair of the Child Abuse Prevention Taskforce.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years