LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - April is Child Abuse Prevention Month, and what better way to support the cause than a family event?
The Child Abuse Prevention Taskforce hosted its annual Family Fun Run at Riverside Park Saturday. Along with the mile-long walk, kids participated in face painting, dance performances and music therapy.
The theme of the event, "Great Kids Start with you," encourages parents to get their families out for a day of fun while making some memories.
"No matter how you can get involved, even if you don't have a child in your life, borrow someone's, and just have fun with them and be a mentor, and just get involved in our community because there are certainly a lot of kids that need our help," said Nicole Milliren, co-chair of the Child Abuse Prevention Taskforce.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser