LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - April is Child Abuse Prevention Month, and what better way to support the cause than a family event?
The Child Abuse Prevention Taskforce hosted its annual Family Fun Run at Riverside Park Saturday. Along with the mile-long walk, kids participated in face painting, dance performances and music therapy.
The theme of the event, "Great Kids Start with you," encourages parents to get their families out for a day of fun while making some memories.
"No matter how you can get involved, even if you don't have a child in your life, borrow someone's, and just have fun with them and be a mentor, and just get involved in our community because there are certainly a lot of kids that need our help," said Nicole Milliren, co-chair of the Child Abuse Prevention Taskforce.
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Ohio, Wisconsin kick start interstate talks on Trump effect
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city