HOKAH, Minn. (WKBT) - Relationship abuse was brought out into the open at a new event in Hokah.
The Bluff Country Family Resources group hosted their first annual Family Fun Day, giving families in our area a chance to get out and enjoy themselves while also raising awareness for abuse of all kinds.
While abuse can be difficult to talk about, it's an important one to have early.
"I think if you talk to people sooner than when they're in a crisis it's easier for people to recognize things and maybe trust their instincts and get out of something before it has to escalate to a physical violent event or get really extreme" Rosanne St. Sauver, Executive Director of Bluff Country Family Resources said.
Bikers Against Child Abuse, Paws 4 Independence, and the Hokah Fire and Police Departments attended the event, helping teach attendees about the dangers of abuse.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently