TOWNSHIP OF ADAMS, Wis. (WKBT) - No one was injured in a chimney fire at a home in the Township of Albion in Jackson County on Christmas Day.
The Black River Falls Fire Department responded to the fire at N7022 West Kenyon Road in the Township of Albion at about 5:50 p.m. When firefighters arrived on scene at about 5:50 p.m., they saw fire in the wall behind the fire place and smoke was filling the home.
The homeowners had called 911 and were able to get out safe. The American Red Cross is helping the family.
Black River Falls Fire Chief Steve Schreiber said the cause of the fire appears to be related to the fireplace, which had a fire in the fire box.
The fire department requested aid from the Hixton and Taylor Fire Departments. About ten firefighters were on scene for two hours. The fire departments also received help from the Jackson Electric Cooperative to cut power to the property.
The extent of the damage to the home isn't known yet.23651726
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.