LA CROSSE, Wis. - At least one family was displaced after a fire Tuesday morning at an apartment complex on the 1300 block of 4th Street South in La Crosse.
La Crosse Fire Department Division Chief Jeff Murphy says crews were able to contain the fire to one room in the lower level of the eight-unit building.
No one was injured and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.18236322
The American Red Cross is helping the family displaced by the fire. The La Crosse Municipal Transit Authority bus was on scene to keep the people evacuated warm.
Division Chief Murphy says the bitter cold made it difficult to fight the fire, but they were able to put it out within ten minutes.
A damage estimate is not available yet.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners