LA CROSSE, Wis. - At least one family was displaced after a fire Tuesday morning at an apartment complex on the 1300 block of 4th Street South in La Crosse.
La Crosse Fire Department Division Chief Jeff Murphy says crews were able to contain the fire to one room in the lower level of the eight-unit building.
No one was injured and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.18236322
The American Red Cross is helping the family displaced by the fire. The La Crosse Municipal Transit Authority bus was on scene to keep the people evacuated warm.
Division Chief Murphy says the bitter cold made it difficult to fight the fire, but they were able to put it out within ten minutes.
A damage estimate is not available yet.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US