LA CROSSE, WI - A local festival is working to help kids get an early start on eating healthy.
Deep Roots Community Farm in La Crosse hosted the Fall Festival on the Farm on Saturday.
It's a fundraiser for the organization Grow Your Brain, which works to increase food and nutrition awareness through school gardens and after school garden clubs.
People at the festival could enjoy some locally raised pork sandwiches, cooking demonstrations and live music.
Organizers said it's important for kids to start learning how to eat healthy right away.
"It's about prevention. It's about starting early and working with children and being there before we have struggles. Feeding your children and family whole and natural foods is incredibly hard. I stay home with my children and I still struggle and we want to be there to support parents," said Grow Your Brain Board President Anne Seehafer.
Seehafer said about 500 people attended the event.
They say they hope to make it an annual festival.21950920
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers