LA CROSSE, WI - A local festival is working to help kids get an early start on eating healthy.
Deep Roots Community Farm in La Crosse hosted the Fall Festival on the Farm on Saturday.
It's a fundraiser for the organization Grow Your Brain, which works to increase food and nutrition awareness through school gardens and after school garden clubs.
People at the festival could enjoy some locally raised pork sandwiches, cooking demonstrations and live music.
Organizers said it's important for kids to start learning how to eat healthy right away.
"It's about prevention. It's about starting early and working with children and being there before we have struggles. Feeding your children and family whole and natural foods is incredibly hard. I stay home with my children and I still struggle and we want to be there to support parents," said Grow Your Brain Board President Anne Seehafer.
Seehafer said about 500 people attended the event.
They say they hope to make it an annual festival.21950920
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests