MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Kathleen Falk is calling on Democrats to debate four times before the May 8 primary in the recall election targeting Republican Gov. Scott Walker.
Falk on Monday called on the other three Democratic candidates to accept four debate invitations over the next three weeks before the election. But Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett's spokesman Phil Walzak says Barrett will appear at two of the debates on April 23 and May 4.
Walzak says that is sufficient given that Barrett has previously participated in three other candidate forums since April 5.
Walzak says that is strong balance between having candidate debates and traveling the state in the accelerated recall campaign timetable.
Other candidates state Sen. Kathleen Vinehout and Secretary of State Doug La Follette didn't immediately return messages.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case