MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Kathleen Falk is calling on Democrats to debate four times before the May 8 primary in the recall election targeting Republican Gov. Scott Walker.
Falk on Monday called on the other three Democratic candidates to accept four debate invitations over the next three weeks before the election. But Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett's spokesman Phil Walzak says Barrett will appear at two of the debates on April 23 and May 4.
Walzak says that is sufficient given that Barrett has previously participated in three other candidate forums since April 5.
Walzak says that is strong balance between having candidate debates and traveling the state in the accelerated recall campaign timetable.
Other candidates state Sen. Kathleen Vinehout and Secretary of State Doug La Follette didn't immediately return messages.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked